Saturday 5 April 2014

Charleston, Monterrey F: I hope I get this right

Charleston final:

Jana Cepelova vs. Andrea Petkovic


When the draw was released, I am very sure nobody would have expected these two to emerge as the finalists. My predictions have been wrecked by these two, but can't say that I'm unhappy for them. Petkovic in particular deserves this for fighting poor form and having an inconsistent comeback. Jana barely got past Bencic, and will be nervous in her first big final. Andrea will be looking to add her first premier title to her resume, and now will be the time to do it. 

Pick: Petkovic in 2 sets

Jovana Jaksic vs. Ana Ivanovic


Ana's form came back at the right time against Wozniacki, toughing out two tight sets against the Dane. She will firmly be the favourite here against surprise finalist, Jovana Jaksic. Jovana's game is frankly unspectacular and it's a miracle that she's in the final. If Ana manages to lose this, I will be speechless. 

Pick: Ivanovic in 2 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment