Sunday 13 May 2012

Welcome!

Hi! My name is Sean and I am from the sunny island of Singapore. Here in Singapore, nobody is interested in tennis. (Just look at the abysmal turnout for the exhibition match involving MARIA SHARAPOVA, THE GODDESS, in 2008) So why am I bonkers about the greatest sport on Earth? I have my dear friend, Luke to thank for. He introduced me to tennis 12 years ago and there’s no looking back ever since. Oh god, I feel old… Anyway, I have been following tennis from 2001 onwards so pardon me if I don’t know much about past legends like Martina Navratilova or Chris Evert.

 So why women’s tennis and not men’s? One word: Drama. Women tend to be more dramatic, which makes for good entertainment. Besides, where else can you see/hear women grunting/moaning in public at the top of their lungs like nobody’s business? Although the quality of tennis is definitely not as spectacular as ATP, there are more rallies as the women’s serves are not a domineering. I’ll rather watch a women’s tennis match than slog through marathon 5 set matches of serve monsters like Isner vs Mahut (yawn~~). Lastly, these ladies make playing sports look good with their colorful and unique tennis outfits. Unlike the monotonous outfits of badminton and table tennis, tennis players don dresses appropriate enough for a casual meal in a restaurant.

 I have travelled overseas many a time just to watch tennis. That’s how crazy I am. Do you know anybody who flies all the way to Paris but spends only 1 out of the 7 days there sight-seeing? If your answer is yes, you probably know me personally. LOL. Tennis has become part of my life and I don’t think I will be complete without it. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Cheers!

I will try to update this blog daily with results from WTA and analyze some of the matches. Also, I will do write-ups on selected WTA players from a very biased point of view. Please don’t take my words too seriously! I have the utmost respect for all players and they will probably dish golden sets to me anytime, any day and any surface. However, this blog wouldn’t be fun without a little cattiness right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment